ESL - Junior & Adult
For many years leaders of ESL groups have visited the Kortright Centre to introduce their students to the sights, sounds and vocabulary associated with nature. Our programs provide newcomers with a chance to explore a natural setting just beyond their urban neighbourhoods, or to experience a truly Canadian activity, such as maple syrup making.
- Upon arrival a guide will meet your group in the Visitor's Centre.
- The session will begin with a brief indoor introduction to the topic you have chosen, followed by an enjoyable and educational walk outside, along one of our scenic trails.
- Our guides have led many adult and junior ESL groups and will ensure new terms and phrases are presented in a clear, concise manner.
Use the Program Search To find a program that’s just right for your group!
- All programs must be booked in advance.
- Programs are 1-1/2 to 2 hours long and may be booked in the morning anytime between 9:30 am and 12 noon, or in the afternoon anytime between 12:30 and 3:00 pm.
- These times may be adjusted slightly to accommodate your traveling arrangements.
- We are pleased to offer 1 complimentary admission to teachers and supervisors for every 10 participating students.
- Please note that most Kortright programs can be adapted for special needs groups.
- Regular Price per class (up to a maximum of 30 students):
Half- Day Program - $200
Full-Day Program - $375
- Special Program Pricing per class (up to a maximum of 30 students):
Team Building and Low Ropes - (half day) - $220
Team Building and Low Ropes - (full day) - $400
Maple Syrup (two hour) - $220
School Spirit Day - $400
- Material Fee per Class:
Habitat Analysis - $10.00
GPS/Geocaching - $15.00
For more details about programs at Kortright Centre, planning tips, and registration information visit the TRCA School Programs website or call (416) 667-6295, then select 3