Kortright Centre Class Field Trips - Elementary
Benefits of a Kortright field trip:
- Programs focus on learning through direct observation and participation in outdoor activities that will allow students to discover fascinating facts about the plant and wildlife populations and their interactions within these ecosystems.
- Each topic emphasizes the individual's role and responsibility in maintaining a healthy environment through sustainable living practices.
- All programs are designed to meet curriculum expectations at the grade levels specified, and are presented by experienced professional instructors.
Plan your Field Trip!
Browse the curriculum strands summary to find out which strands are covered by each of our programs.
- Curriculum Strands for Science and Technology
- Curriculum Strands for Social Studies, Arts and Mathmatics
- All programs must be booked in advance.
- Programs are 1-1/2 to 2 hours long and may be booked in the morning anytime between 9:30 am and 12 noon, or in the afternoon anytime between 12:30 and 3:00 pm.
- These times may be adjusted slightly to accommodate your traveling arrangements.
- We are pleased to offer 1 complimentary admission to teachers and supervisors for every 10 participating students.
- Please note that most Kortright programs can be adapted for Special Needs groups.
- For more details about programs at Kortright Centre, planning tips, and registration information please visit the TRCA School Programs website or call 416-667-6295, then select 3 (Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.)
- Regular Price per class (up to a maximum of 30 students):
Half- Day Program - $200
Full-Day Program - $375
- Special Program Pricing per class (up to a maximum of 30 students):
Team Building and Low Ropes - (half day) - $220
Team Building and Low Ropes - (full day) - $400
Maple Syrup (two hour) - $220
School Spirit Day - $400
- Material Fee per Class:
Habitat Analysis - $10.00
GPS/Geocaching - $15.00