For more than three decades, the Kortright Centre for Conservation has been providing quality, hands-on environmental education to students outside the classroom. Our suite of programs for youngsters in kindergarten through Grade 8 includes topical, curriculum-linked lessons featuring some of the most innovative technologies in Canada.
NEW! Early Years Forest School Program
This inquiry-based two-hour program is specifically designed for Early Years Centers. Children interact with the natural environment through stationed activities that can include loose parts, creative play, shelter building, whittling wood, fire, knots, making woodland crafts and sharing stories.
WHY BRING YOUR ELEMENTARY CLASS TO KORTRIGHT?
Our programs focus on learning through direct observation and participation in outdoor activities that will allow students to discover fascinating facts about the plant and wildlife populations and their interactions within these ecosystems.
Each topic emphasizes the individual’s role and responsibility in maintaining a healthy environment through sustainable living practices.
All programs are designed to meet curriculum expectations at the grade levels specified, and are presented by experienced professional instructors.
(Up to a maximum of 30 students)
Half-Day Program: $200
Full-Day Program: $375
Special Program Price
(Up to a maximum of 30 students)
Team Building and Low Ropes (half day): $220
Team Building and Low Ropes (full day): $400
Maple Syrup (two hours): $220
School Spirit Day: $400
Habitat Analysis: $10
FIND A PROGRAM
By Grade Level
BOOKING YOUR FIELD TRIP
All programs must be booked in advance.
Programs are 1.5 to 2 hours long. Morning programs are from 10 am to 12 pm. Afternoon programs are from 12:30 pm to 2:30 pm. (These times may be adjusted slightly to accommodate your travel arrangements.)
Programs always have an outdoor component. Groups should dress for the conditions on the day of their visit. Before your visit, please discuss the importance of dressing appropriately for outdoor activities. On days of inclement weather the program will be modified to include some indoor activities along with the outdoor components.
We are pleased to offer ONE complimentary admission to teachers and supervisors for every 10 participating students.
Please note that most Kortright programs can be adapted for groups with special needs.
NEED HELP WITH YOUR BOOKING? Call 416.667.6295 x 602 (Monday to Friday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm).
BOXED LUNCH OPTIONS
||$6.99 + HST per person|
||$7.99 + HST per person|
|Crispy Chicken Wrap
||$8.99 + HST per person|
Beverages: All boxed lunches include one soft drink, juice or bottled water.
NOTE: Food orders must be placed at least one week prior to visit date.
- We are currently seeking vendors for our upcoming Honey Harvest Festival on September 15 - 16, 2018. Follow the lin… https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1022148918153502720
- Join us for the First Annual Run for the Bees on Saturday, September 15, 2018! 🐝🏃♂️🏃♀️#runforthebees #trailrun… https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1021844873039765506
- Join the story! Visit the StoryWalk on site until the end of June 📚 #lovevpl #storywalk #forestlife… https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1003681771463086086
- This is such a nice graphic! https://twitter.com/YRDSBGetOut/status/991058003272060931
- Join expert outdoorsman Jonathan Thompson to learn about the four essential elements of survival: fire, shelter, wa… https://twitter.com/i/web/status/991314539659579392